Mr. Foggs is bringing a taste of Africa to the festival with their Mr. Fogg’s safari camp. It’s British-colonial style is beautiful and comes filled with globes, maps and a very impressive taxidermy collection which was collected from Phileas’ voyage the World in 80 Days, or so we’ve been told…
Alongside their bar selling world-class cocktails, will be a separate G&T tent. A specialty barmen will be giving lessons on the fine art of concocting the perfect G&T with several flavoured tonics and botanicals.
It will be a truly personal gin and tonic experience!
Since opening last October, we have been huge fans of London’s favourite Sri Lankan restaurant. They’ll be serving their daily special on Friday and its a menu not to be missed. We’ll be feasting on their Ceylonese BBQ Chicken chop with Gotukola sambol and bone rasa, but their Lamb kothu roti and hot devilled shrimps sound equally as tempting.
If Sri Lankan isn’t your thing, Typing Room, Chick’n’Sours and Santo Remedio are also head lining the daily specials.
We are beyond excited to try this years selection of 5* burgers which have been designed exclusively for Taste of London.
Choose from 5 burgers:
- Raymond Blanc’s beef burger with celeriac remoulade, garlic aioli and Comté cheese
- Shaun Searley’s buttermilk fried chicken burger, smoked bacon mayonnaise, beef tomato, crispy chicken skin
- Nieves Barragán Mohacho’s ‘Barrafina beef burger’ created in collaboration with MEATliquor, with crispy
Morcilla, San Simon cheese & Mojo Picon sauce
- Gizzi Erskine’s buffalo cauliflower cheese veggie burger with blue cheese sauce and pickled celery
- Jason Atherton’s ‘ultimate lamb burger’ with confit lamb shoulder, crispy aubergine, spicy ketchup and Fleur
de Maquis cheese
Proceeds will help provide children and their families from around the world with clean water and better nutrition. A great cause that is surely a good enough excuse to scoff some 5* fast food. Highlights are Gizzi Eskine’s buffalo cauli cheese and Jason Athertons ultimate lamb burger.
José Pizarro is one of our favourite chefs in London and one that seems to never disappoint. José will be serving three of our favourite dishes, including his 100% acorn fed Jamón Iberico ham, Prawn fritters with saffron Aioli and signature chocolate pot with salt and olive oil and gin mare biscuit. For his Icon dish, José has prepared a specialty 5j Iberico pork burger with Manchego cheese which we can’t wait to try!