April’s Agenda is packed full of afternoon tea’s, floating pop up’s and Sakura-inspired wonders. Our April Agenda explores
the very best events happening around the city.
Filled with antiques and sumptuous armchairs, this gorgeous Georgian parlour at Zetter’s Marylebone townhouse is the ideal
setting for an afternoon of pure indulgence. They’ll be serving a mix of traditional sandwiches and heartier offers such as:
- Smoked salmon with herb crème fraiche
- Sloe gin glazed ham finger sandwiches
- Egg mayonnaise with mustard cress sandwiched between golden brioche
- Uncle Seymour’s Lincolnshire pork pie and piccalilli
- Haggis sausage rolls
- Melt-in-the-mouth black pudding Scotch eggs served with a drizzling of Indian spiced mayonnaise.
Seymour’s Parlour Afternoon Tea | The Zetter Townhouse, W1
Bringing a sprinkling of Indian soul food to Alfred le Roy’s east London waterside hangout, Chai Ki will be hosting a special
one-off cruise packed with aromatic Asian delights. Colourful cocktails will be mixed at the bar accompanied by freshly
prepared Chai Ki chaats of Bombay bhel; puffed rice, potato, imli and coriander mint chutney; and dahi puri with crunchy
semolina shells, sweet yoghurt and tangy tamarind.
A selection of modern Indian sharing dishes will follow, as the Alfred sets sail along the rippling waters of Regent’s Canal.
Alfred le Roy, CRATE Brewery | Canalside Queen’s Yard, E9
Until 10th June, Sake no Hana will be celebrating the arrival of spring and the Japanese cherry blossom season with an art
install ationcreated by renowned British artist Rebecca Louise Law. The breath-taking installation will stretch across
the ceiling of the restaurant, creating clouds of natural, preserved white flowers entwined with Law’s signature copper wire.
- A limited edition Sakura menu has been curated by Head Chef Hideki Hiwatashi and will serve:
- Suzuki Sasa Sushi – Bamboo leaf wrapped sea bass nigiri
- Rib Eye Beef Sumiyaki – Chargrilled rib eye beef with chilli ponzu
- Salmon with Champagne Yuzu Miso
- Cherry Blossom Macarons – Vanilla macarons with cherry blossom tea ganache
So head on down to tuck into sushi, raise a glass of sake and marvel at the beautiful surroundings.
Sake no Hana | 23 St James’s St, London SW1
Join the Pig & Butcher in Islington for a series of carnivorous, wine-paired supperclubs which will focus on showcasing one
of their suppliers and serve the meat and cuts they specialise in.
This month, there’ll be slow cooked meats from Duchess Farm accompanied by beer from Hackney’s Redchurch Brewery.
27th April | Pig & Butcher | 80 Liverpool Road, N1 0QD